Saturday, July 21, 2007

Rain Barrel Day

IMG_7811The Akron Beacon Journal featured a story about rain barrels in today's paper! I hope everyone takes advantage of this natural, renewable resource. We can have green plants, and not use treated water. I don't expect my water bill to go down because I just haven't been watering my plants this summer. But, now I can water them for free! And, they'll be healthier for it.

Link of the day: Calculate your carbon footprint, and find ways to reduce it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was great to see the article in today's Beacon Journal!

I'll be a regular visitor to your blog.

Anonymous said...

I got my rain barrel a couple of days ago. Now I have it all set up and waiting for our first rain! Shouldn't be to long of a wait, Portland Oregon here!
I have been thinking I might use it to keep my fish pond topped off but I'm thinking the roof rainoff might not be a good idea. I guess I will just use it for my gardens. I will update as soon as it's working. Rain, Rain, Rain ! ! Terra's Mom